What is Web Hosting?
Web hosting refers to a service that helps the organizations and the people to post a web page or a website. Web hosting is a severe need for any website as it is the physical position of your website on the Internet, online storage that hold all the important images, information and videos and other relevant content that is available on your web platform.
The website hosting service providers preserve a server, where every data that is linked with the website is kept as a record. This server is also responsible for managing and handling the technology that helps your website stay connected with the internet.
What are the Various Types of Web Hosting Services?
There are various types of web hosting services. These involve some of the following:
• Dedicated Hosting: In this case, the user advances complete hold of the server but doesn’t actually possess the hardware.
• Shared Web Hosting: In this case, a number of different websites are hosted on one single server.
• Managed Hosting: In this case, the user doesn’t hold complete control and allows the web host to make sure of the quality of the service. FTP or other remote management tools may be used to manage the server data.
• Reseller Hosting: In this case, the clients can become the web hosts by themselves.
Apart from these, the following are other different types of hosting:
• Grid Hosting
• Cluster Hosting
• Cloud Hosting
What Are the Features of Web Hosting?
A good number of web hosts are available for you to choose from. But much to your surprise, choosing the right and reliable web hosting may be a tedious and confusing task.
Take a glimpse of the essential features that a reliable web hosting service provider must be holding.
• Bandwidth/Data Transfer
The bandwidth and the data transfer are the two major aspects that are considered while choosing the right web hosting. Both these aspects go hand in hand.
Data transfer refers to the amount of data that is being transferred within a particular time period. Whereas the bandwidth refers to the data that is transferred at a single moment. The less will be the bandwidth the slower will be the website become.
• Storage/Disk Space
A web hosting account has a special place of storage/disk space. This space can be leased on a web server. The storage space includes all the web pages’ content, the graphics and any other media that has been used on the website.
These two are the most important features that a web hosting service must-have.
How to Choose a Reliable Web Hosting Service?
To make the confusing process of selecting the web hosting service, an easier one, you need to know the points that will help you choose the best web host.
1. Consider Your Specific Needs
You must know that choosing a reliable web host is not an easy and simple task. Make sure that if one web host is ‘best’ for you, it may not be ‘best’ for the other website owner. Choosing the ‘best’ for everyone depends upon the different requirements.
Say for example: if you wish to begin working with WordPress, it is best if you select to use BlueHost. If you planning to run an e-commerce website, say that of providing assignment help to the users, the host that will be accommodating the e-commerce software is what that is best for you.
But, before you begin with the search of the best web host, you must answer the subsequent questions.
• What Type of Site You Will Develop? You must know the kind of website you will be working on. Whether it is WordPress or a fixed HTML website.
• Do You Want to Create One or More Sites? It is your wish to create one or more than one site. If you are planning to develop more than one website, then you need to choose the web host that is capable of creating sites from one single account.
• What Are the Technical Needs? Some of the coding languages like CSS and HTML don’t render special needs. But, in case you are working with PHP, you need to choose the host that is capable of catering that particular language.
2. Look for Hosting Reliability and Speed
Another important thing that you need to consider at the time of selecting the web host is the consistency and the uptime scores. Also, ensure that not to choose the hosting companies that report anything that is less than 99%.
Speed is another factor that is important to look for in a web host. This aspect may not be an important one for a starter that has less web traffic.
3. Explore Security Features
The third important thing in a web host is the security feature. If you are thinking to run a website that reserves sensitive data; maybe the account numbers of the clients, then considering this factor is of utmost importance.
In this case, you need to begin by searching for the host that runs firewall and malware detection on the web servers.
These are some of the significant factors to consider while choosing a web hosting service provider.