With a humble beginning in 1813, by the father of gymnastics per Henrik ling, physiotherapists, nowadays study the science behind movement and locomotion.
- They are taught how to identify the point of injury and its effects.
- The course of physiotherapy is four years long, with a six months clinical internship.
- And anyone can do it if they clear the respective exam for it
There are many types of physiotherapy one example could be Manual physiotherapy
- Description of Advanced Specialty Practice (DASP), manual physiotherapy deals in hands-on experience when it comes to physiotherapy.
- The treatment technique may include, moving muscles in specific directions to regain movement back.or having the patient move the muscles against the practitioner’s resistance.
- This is a method that is usually practiced by athletes with high physical work.
- Manual therapy is a type of physiotherapy that is used by physical therapists or physiotherapist to treat musculoskeletal pain and disability
- It is mainly used by chiropractors, soft tissue mobilization therapists, and occupational therapists.
- Many research says that it uses the placebo effect to make the whole procedure impactful on the patient suffering from musculoskeletal problems.
When Should You Go To A Physiotherapist?
- When after suffering an injury or some muscular stress it is advised by your physician to go to a physiotherapist
- In the presence of a continuous throbbing pain which seems to have no real reason, but affects your daily life a lot. this pain could also be due to a past injury that could not be treated, and now its effects are coming out
- If you are older, and usually suffer from muscle pain and other skeletal issues, you should go to a soft tissue mobilization therapist to relieve the pain
- If you are someone who does a lot of sports and has constant muscle pain, then one should follow through with a physiotherapist
What Is Manual Therapy?
Manual therapy is a kind of physiotherapy that deals with the practitioners applying manual force on the respective area of pain. Manual therapy can be learned through many courses or certification courses.
There are various kind of manual therapy some of it is
- Bone setting
- Structural integration
- Joint mobilization
- Spinal mobilization
- Medical acupuncture
- Spine mobilization techniques
How Can You Learn Manual Therapy?
We can learn manual therapy in various ways
- You can enroll yourself in a physiotherapy course and learn manual therapy as a part of the curriculum.
- If you are a physiotherapy practitioner, then you can probably learn it online too through various web portals on online teaching services.
- Go offline you can ask your nearby college if they give part-time certification courses which you can do in a weekly basis and then at the end appear for an annual exam so that you can go for the manual therapy courses.
Types Of Manual Therapy
Techniques of manual physiotherapy which you will learn in manual therapy certification:
This type of physiotherapy usually targets the facial muscles and controls the flexibility and mobility of connective tissues. It can also mobilize adhesion and reduce the effect of muscular scarring
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
This is an elementary form of physiotherapy and can be availed anywhere.
- Friction Soft tissue mobilization
This is said to be the technique where the muscles of the patient suffering from cytoskeletal issues are pulled against the force of the doctor /practitioners
- Soft Tissue Technique
In this direct pressure is applied to the areas with pain or muscle tear Although this technique is only applicable in facial muscles and not on muscles of the lower back.
- Trigger Point Techniques
In this technique, the pressure is applied only on the points which trigger a whole group of muscles with pain.
68 Total Views, 2 Views Today