Indian Government propelled straightforward e-Marketplace prominently known as GeM to enable little merchants and producers.
Any little dealer or producer can get a GeM registration for its business effectively. A business would then be able to get to the wide interface to offer its items and administrations to the recognized purchasers from Government part or PSUs, where there is a tremendous necessity for such supplies.
How to get GeM buyer registration?
Presently the inquiry emerges, “How to get buyer registration on the GeM?” so, here are a few easy steps for easy GeM registration as a buyer.
#1. Log on to Gem portal
Primary User who has been already appropriately nominated by the GeM Competent Authority must Log on to the Gem portal (www.gem.gov.in).
- New user must select the SIGN-UP button.
- The Home Page of the GeM portal will appear.
- Now, you have to navigate the GeM Website content on Home Page for better appreciation before Signing Up to GeM.
#2. GeM Registration of the Organization
Next, a fill-up form will appear, in which you need to-
- Select the correct Organization Type, and the related Ministry or Department.
- Now, Type Name of your Organization
- Click on the CREATE ACCOUNT button – the Screen will then spread out
- Here, all the Fields are compulsory to fill in.
- Kindly read all the documents required before Signing Up.
- Carefully do Spell-check of your Organization name.
#3. Create GeM login
Here you need to create your permanent User ID & Password for GeM login. Hence-
- Enter your current official E-Mail ID.
- Enter your Mobile Number that will be linked with GeM. OTP will be sent on this Mobile No.
- Now do E-sign-up with the OTP received on your Mobile No.
- Note that the user ID that has been created must be official in nature for all later uses.
- Create a strong password that must be of minimum 8 characters with-
- one upper case,
- one special character
- one numeral character
- Your GeM E-mail ID will now be created. This will be official in nature and will succeed with .gov or .nic extension preferably.
- However, for other kinds of official ID, you need to take prior approval from the Directorate General Of Supplies & Goods (DGS&D) via mail.
- Note that your Registered Mobile Number (RMN) provided must be linked with your Aadhar.
#4. Confirm GeM Buyer Registration
After the GeM E-mail ID is created, the Primary User (buyer) must now-
- Log onto the GeM portal with his new Official E-Mail ID.
- The Primary user must click on VERIFY button.
- Now go to EMAIL link and click Confirm for complete verification of USER’s – E-Mail ID.
- A Congratulatory message will now show up- “Congratulations! –You are onboard GeM.”
#5. Adding your organisational details
After logging on to the New GeM login, the Default Screen will appear. Here, the Primary User needs to carefully fill up all his Organization Details-
- After Filling all the mandatory fields, then click on the SAVE button to confirm
- This was a One-time effort for Creation of your Database.
- So, Click on the SAVE button again in order to ensure that the process that was once completed is not duplicated.
#6. Payment to GeM department
The Primary User now has to make payment of the Government fee for his GeM registration as the buyer. For this, he has to-
- Choose a suitable Payment mode which is being used in his Organization.
- Now Click on the SAVE button to finally confirm the Payment mode.
- Here are preferable Payment Methods are given on GeM:
- PFMS – which is linked with DDO
- SBI – for MOPS
- Others – are all offline Payment Modes
#7. Provide the bank account details
For all the future transactions, the Primary User or the buyer has to fill up his Bank Account Details such as-
- Bank Account number
- Bank Branch
- Bank IFSC code
Now, you click on the SAVE button to confirm details. However, you need not provide the bank account details, in case you choose the PFMS payment mode – which is directly linked with DDO.
#8. GeM buyer Personal Info
As a new buyer having GeM registration, the Primary User has to fill up all his Personal Information such as-
- First name
- Last name
Thereafter, Click on the SAVE button to confirm details
- The details will be Populated involuntarily
- These will be best utilized when any change is to be incorporated.
#9. Link Aadhaar with GeM registration
Primary User or the buyer has to link his GeM registration with his Aadhaar. For this, he has to provide the following details-
- Aadhar Number
- Aadhar linked Mobile No. An OTP will be sent on this Mobile No.
- Enter the OTP generated & sent on Aadhar linked Mobile No.
- This process is necessary to enter and confirm the Aadhar No.
- Now, you click on the SAVE button to confirm User Account Details. Finally, the GeM registration is Aadhar-Linked…… so simple is that!
You can now fly high in the competitive market as a GeM registered buyer.