It is easy to find amazing trekking tour packages in Nepal. But, if this is your first trekking tour in the Himalayan range, it may become difficult even if the trek is easy. This is because treks in Nepal are longer to complete, have steep ascents, highest elevation, etc. An individual can’t finish such treks if inexperienced or unprepared for the trek. Therefore, before you trek in Nepal, challenge yourself physically and mentally.
Apart from physical and mental health, there are other things as well that one needs to look after for a trek in Nepal. The following article guides you towards such steps:
- Time of the year you wish to trek: You may visit the Himalayan range in the summers, autumn, and winters. But, to experience the bewildering beauty of the place, plan for a trek between October and November. The clear sky and crisp air offers a panoramic view of the Himalayas. Whereas, the dry region allows you to explore the deepest areas to fulfill your curiosities and adventures.
- Beauty you wish to experience: Everyone isn’t mesmerized by the snow or the fragrance of thick woods or grasslands. Therefore, when you plan for walk, hikes, and trek, choose the tour accordingly. The Himalayas have a variety of landscapes such as the humongous Himalayas, alpine lakes, grasslands, and valleys, etc. You may either explore or choose the type of beauty you wish to experience.
- Number of days: As mentioned earlier, most of the trekking tour packages in Nepal are longer and take at least a week to complete; for instance, Manaslu Circuit Trek takes 12-13 days, Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek takes 20-23 days. When you plan for the Himalayan trekking tour packages in India or Nepal consider the number of days in which the trek can be accomplished. Also keep some buffer days for emergency purpose. If time is a constraint, combine treks that can be completed in the same route as well as time. Some of the short treks are Ghorepani Poon Hill trek, Chisapani-Nagarkot Trek, Dhampus Village trek, etc.
- Evaluate the budget and plan: Treks can be expensive as well as economical; it depends on how you plan. If it is your first Himalayan trek, don’t hesitate to hire a porter or trekking tour provider. As most of the tours are tough and may become difficult to handle in some situations; it is better to take precautions and be guided by an experienced person. To save on the travel, you may book air tickets beforehand, travel in public transport instead of private, etc.
- Work hard on self: In spite of being fit, steep ascents, high elevations, uncertain weather, etc. may make trekking in Nepal challenging for many. Hence, work hard on self for at least 6 months before the final date of the trek. Try to run 5km in 30 minutes. Once you are comfortable with it, add 8-10 kg weights to the same. Moreover, run on different terrains; it prepares you for distinct landscapes on the Himalayas such as trekking tours Annapurna.
These are basic yet crucial tips one must consider for the Himalayan trek. Apart from these, keep a good supply of food and water, pharmaceuticals, essential equipment, etc. To know more about the same, check for essentials required during the Himalayan trek.
The Himalayan mountain range spreads across India. Book Himalayan trekking tour packages in India to witness the beauty of India as well as the Himalayas.