Do you want to apply for a PAN Card and file Taxes Earned on your Salary & Much More?
If yes, then you don’t have to keep visiting agents and waste your time anymore! It is because it is possible to apply for PAN Card online these days and access a soft copy of it in flat 2-3 days. It is possible when you sign your documents on the NSDL website digitally and submit it instantly instead of sending it physically.
If you want to go for the PAN Card apply Online facility, know eligibility, age limit, and required documents, then you will this post useful. Read on!
What is the eligibility criterion for Applying for a PAN Card?
If you are an individual looking for your own PAN Card, then here is the eligibility criterion for you:
- You need to be an Indian citizen
- You should have a valid proof of identity
- You also need to have a relevant address proof
- You should also support your PAN Card application with the date of birth proof
Other than an individual, even Hindu Undivided Family (HUF), minors, companies, firms, limited liability partnerships (LLP), societies, firms, and others can also apply for it.
But PAN Card is applied on a large scale by individuals.
What is the age limit for applying for a PAN Card?
It is a misconception among people that a person needs to attain the age of 18 years to become eligible for applying for PAN Cards. No, it is not true! Even minors can apply for it as the Income Tax Department (IT) has not specified any particular age for that.
What are the required documents for applying for a PAN Card?
An individual can apply for a PAN Card online or offline and get hassle-free approval by submitting a few of the basic documents such as:
- Voter ID Card
- Ration card with your photo on it
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card
- Two recently clicked passport size photos
- Electricity bill
- LPG connection card
- Bank account statement
- Credit card statement and many more.
Overall, proof of address, identity proof, two photos and age proof need to be kept ready while applying for a PAN Card in India.
What are the steps to go for PAN Card to apply the online process?
- Go to the NSDL official website
- A new page will open – under application type – choose new PAN and Indian citizens by filling Form49A. Foreign nationals can go for New Pan – Foreign nationals and fill Form49AA.
- Choose the PAN Card category
- Provide your personal details like name, date of birth and mobile number
- Enter the captcha code and hit ‘submit’
- A token will generate once you click the submit button. You can click on the link to continue to your online PAN Card application
- A new page should open and display three options – 1) Submit digitally via e-KYC and e-Sign Paperless 2) Submit scanned image via e-Sign and 3) Send application documents physically
- A preferred mode is scanning image through e-sign
- Once selected, enter your details like parents name, Aadhar Card and click next
- Enter name, date of birth and address and click next
- Enter area code, AO, range code and AO number and hit next
- Select the documents that you want to submit as age proof and residence from the drop-down menu and fill in the wanted details and then hit the submit button
- Once you have uploaded documents, you will need to pay
- Once done, you will need to undergo an Aadhaar authentication process or submit documents via e-sign. You can also submit the documents physically. An acknowledgment email will be received on your NSDL application.
- Keep the acknowledgment number with you. Your PAN Card will be couriered to you in 14-15 days. You can also get the soft copy of the PAN Card in 2-3 days, but physical PAN Card won’t be sent.
You are now aware of the steps that How to Apply PAN Card, you can take to indulge in the PAN Card apply online process. Follow the steps and get your PAN Card soon!
251 Total Views, 1 Views Today