Men and women both have almost the same inner structures; only outward appearance is different, especially breast. Breast in both genders comprises of fatty tissues, ducts, breast cells as well as nipples. Both genders are similar risk factors in terms of breast cancer, and both are prone to breast cancer risks as they have BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes. This is also true that breast cancer is more seen in women in comparison to men. Let us tell you why?
Why few men have breast cancer in comparison to women?
Breast cancer is less seen in men compared to women because however, both genders have breast tissues, but male breast tissue is mainly fat and fibrous tissue known as stroma and consists of few lobules and ducts. The time women breast mature at the phase of puberty they grow working lobules along with milk ducts to carry milk after childbirth. Mostly breast cancer in women develops in these lobules and ducts. Another reason that women are more prone to breast cancer is that their body produces more estrogen than men, and this increases the risk of breast cancer risk in the human body. However, men with increased estrogen levels face the condition termed as gynecomastia, and in this condition, the breast tissue of men grow or swell.
List of best cancer hospitals in India
Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital New Delhi
- Established in 1994 and has the second-largest hospital network in India.
- Only hospital in North India performing most complex head & neck surgeries for the tumors.
- Had a record of treating about 2 million cancer patients annually
2. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Established in 1996 and offers quicker recovery, as well as a shorter hospital stay
- Oncology And Oncosurgery department provide a blend of the top-notch technology along with highly skilled professionals under a single roof.
- Also has da Vinci Robotic Surgical System for complicated surgeries with greater ease
3. Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- Established in 2006 and is counted amongst top cancer hospitals in India
- It is a designated center for integrated oncology and palliative care and has distinct provision for Daycare chemotherapy unit
- The department has the latest technologies including Trilogy for radiotherapy, minimal access surgery, as well as robotic surgeries
4. Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaon
- Established in 2009 and is recognized as the best hospital for all cancer providing diagnosis, imaging, treatment planning, recovery, along with prevention
- Provide treatments by using advanced technologies counting Integrated brachytherapy unit, Cyberknife,image-guided radiation therapy to treat cancers of the head, female reproductive organs, brain, and more.
- Expert head & neck oncology team performs excision, reconstructive, and lymph node dissection, surgeries.
5. BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Established in 1959 and is a foremost hospital in India to offer HIPEC technology. It is also counted as Asia’s first and world’s seventh hospital to introduce Cyberknife VSI.
- The hospital specializes in the treatment of breast cancer having the latest techniques, including 3D conformal partial breast irradiation, Single Dose Intraoperative Radiation Therapy, etc.
- Hospital is well equipped with many more latest technologies like IGRT, IMRT, 3D CRT, Trilogy Tx Linear Accelerator, and more.
6. Cancer Institute (WIA) Adyar, Chennai
- Established in 1954 and is well known for Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology, Pediatric Oncology as well as radiation oncology.
- Infrastructure includes division of preventive oncology, research division, along with the college of oncological sciences.
7. Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
- Established in 1983 and is the first oncology hospital in the country accredited by NABH.. it is also foremost hospital to have proton cancer center in East Asia.
- Hospital daily proforma many complex surgeries, including limb conserving surgery in bone tumors, liver resection, laparoscopic surgery, etc.
- Hospital consistency ranks among the list of top cancer hospitals in India.
8. Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Established in 2007 and has a team of highly qualified doctors with international recognition.
- The hospital offers the latest techniques counting multislice cardiac CT-64 slice, BMD-Dexa scan, MRI-3T, fluoroscopy, etc.
A breast cancer diagnosis can make men or women emotionally devastating, and this can lead to a sense of loss, especially if cancer surgeons recommend surgery. Also, men feel more shame than women if they have breast cancer issue. the time you feel any of the symptoms related to breast cancer consult best cancer specialist working in a top cancer hospital in India to get the best cancer treatment.